It's hard for me to believe today was my first day of classes, as I have been in Madrid since Thursday (May 31) and already feel at home. So far the bulk of my time has been spent walking around the city, metro-ing from Plaza to Plaza, eating at sidewalk cafes, and bonding with my fellow CU classmates.
Our group is composed of 10 students (6 girls and 4 boys) and 1 professor, Frances. Us ladies all live together in a bad ass apartment near downtown Madrid (only a block up from the Arguelles Metro stop). We live on the "4th" floor - really the 5th floor bc the street level is not considered when counting - and in addition to walking all around the city, i'm getting quite a good workout every day :) Plus we have a really cool view from my bedroom balcony:
This is a picture of my bedroom which I share with one other girl, Leah (she's sitting on the balcony):
And another of the group chilling in our room with the boys on our first day:
The architecture here is beautiful! I wish I could capture every detail, every carving, every archway, etc. but here are a few of my favorite buildings i've seen so far:
^ The Royal Palace
^ This building is too cool in person. Literally a vertical garden
We walked around Plaza del Sol (the true city center) on our first full day (Friday, June 1st) and found that we are not the only tourists around...
^ Sol
^ Spongebob making balloon animals
^she's actually Spanish but I like this picture and now own a pair of these pants :)
As we continue to explore the city I can't help but gush about how beautiful everything is,
even the ally-ways and apartment buildings scream culture:
^these mannequins are oddly common and waving, hanging or leaning over window gates towards people in the street. I even saw a window with a whole family, including a fake dog!



No comments:
Post a Comment